In order to continue as a club, we need some minimum number of members, and collect modest dues to cover our costs. So it is that time of year to chip in for the upcoming year.
It also wouldn’t hurt if we picked up some new members. So if every existing member could find 2 new members to join the club, we would be in excellent shape going into the future. I know I can think of at least two people who might be enticed to join our organization. Even if all of us only got 1 new member to sign up, it would be huge. So spread the word, tell them about our website, lets see if we can at least get 20 new members.
After a couple of years of informal club operation, that still included some operational activities, but little club official business, we have decided to make a new start. The biggest change is that our club name has changed slightly. We are now officially the XRX Amateur Radio Club, also known as XARC, and also W2XRX. Our Club Constitution and Bylaws have been updated, but our goals and purpose are the same.
The goals of this Club are to:
• Promote interest in amateur radio communications and experimentation
• Provide public amateur radio education through periodic classes
• Relay non-commercial messages by radio without charge
• Further public welfare
• Advance the radio art within the community
• Foster and promote intercommunications by electronic means for personal
benefit of members but without pecuniary gain
• Foster education in the field of electronic communication
• Disseminate knowledge and information by electronic means
Now we have some work to do. We have positions to be filled, decisions to be made, members to recruit, and activities to plan.
Stay tuned for more info right here.