If you didn’t see it, there is a short article about XARC in the November RARA Rag. See it here: November RARA Rag
I picked up the club archives from Mike Ishler yesterday. There is some good info in there, like what we paid for the repeaters and duplexers, antennas, equipment, etc. Old logbooks, awards, QSL cards, and various paperwork.
The most interesting find were old club newsletters and meeting minutes. These are by no means complete, but is still a good amount. I have to thanks all the previous club secretary’s and other officers who kept these records. Newsletters pretty much stopped in the late 1990’s, with a couple of exceptions. Much club business and discussions took place via email, and eventually club news via website. The old websites are pretty much lost, though I think I’ve saved most photos, and some club meeting minutes are somewhere in the xarc@yahoogroups archives.
I hope to be able to scan our old newsletters at some point. The 1981 ones are on the History page. I hope to be able to add some other info from the archives as well.
For the time being, I’ve volunteered to be the home for the archives. Until I can’t.
Though the club has operated Field Day every year since 1986, our first Field Day was 1981. Phil Brown WA2EKK led the effort. Here is a photo (scanned from a QSL Card made on a Xerox Copier)
Unfortunately, we aren’t fully automated, at least yet, so even if you indicate you will pay dues using PayPal, one must manually navigate to the Pay Dues page to actually perform the payment. So after you submit your membership application, go to the menu above and hover over Join XARC, then select Pay Dues or Donate.
We hope to improve this in the future.
- To associate a photo with your profile/user name, login to the website.
- Mouse-over the “Howdy, User Name” in the upper right hand side.
- A couple of menus come up. Select Profile>Change Profile Photo
- The main page will reload. Select the Choose File button.
- Navigate to the profile photo you would like to use on your PC. Select Open.
- Select Upload Image.
#FoxHunt #XARC #HamRadio
After a couple of years of informal club operation, that still included some operational activities, but little club official business, we have decided to make a new start. The biggest change is that our club name has changed slightly. We are now officially the XRX Amateur Radio Club, also known as XARC, and also W2XRX. Our Club Constitution and Bylaws have been updated, but our goals and purpose are the same.
The goals of this Club are to:
• Promote interest in amateur radio communications and experimentation
• Provide public amateur radio education through periodic classes
• Relay non-commercial messages by radio without charge
• Further public welfare
• Advance the radio art within the community
• Foster and promote intercommunications by electronic means for personal
benefit of members but without pecuniary gain
• Foster education in the field of electronic communication
• Disseminate knowledge and information by electronic means
Now we have some work to do. We have positions to be filled, decisions to be made, members to recruit, and activities to plan.
Stay tuned for more info right here.